Sugar In Drinks
Working in small groups, students will investigate the amount of sugar contained in many popular drink choices and present their findings to the class.
At the conclusion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Calculate the amount of sugar contained in various popular drinks,
- Recognise that discretionary drinks contain sugar and are detrimental to health when consumed in excess,
- Will be able to read a food label in order to make an informed choice.
This lesson plan will download as a Zip folder and contains the following resources:
- Australian Guide to Healthy Eating Poster
- Body Monsters Pictures
- Nutrition Information Panel Drink Activity Sheets
- Sugar in Drinks Answer Sheet
- Zombie Character Pictures
- Sugar in Drinks Lesson Plan