Food origins – Grains
This lesson provides information about where bread and cereal foods come from and where and how grains grow in Western Australia. Traditional foods and wholegrains are promoted as the best choice for long lasting energy.
Includes a number of fun activity sheets and assessment activities.
The lesson has been developed with Aboriginal Students as the primary target group however, the lesson may provide learning opportunities about Aboriginal history and cultures for all students. The lesson is in PowerPoint format and includes a number of fun, hands on activities to enhance student learning.
At the conclusion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Make an informed choice when purchasing foods
- Have a greater understanding of the benefits of eating wholegrains
- Have a greater understanding of where grains grow in Western Australia
- Understand the anatomy of a grain
- Learn that grains have been used as traditional food sources for thousands of years