Australian Guide to Healthy Eating Race
This activity will provide students with background knowledge about the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating (AGHE) and the skills to make healthy food choices. It is delivered in a fun, interactive and engaging way that facilitates student involvement.
At the conclusion of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the health benefits the five food groups provide,
- Recognise that discretionary foods contain sugar, fat and salt and are detrimental to our health when consumed in excess,
- Identify foods that are discretionary foods and
- Categorise healthy and less healthy food and drink choices.
This lesson plan will download as a Zip folder and contains the following resources:
- Australian Guide to Healthy Eating (AGTHE) Poster
- AGTHE Race Lesson Plan
- AGTHE Pictures
- AGTHE Food Group Template
- Matt and Jess Pictures
- Zombie Foods Character Pictures
- Superhero Food Catalogue
- Superhero Food Collector Cards